Advanced Reporting in SIMS .net
The Advanced reporting course builds on the knowledge and skills developed on the Basic and Intermediate Reporting courses. Using typical examples of everyday data requests in school, the course focuses on how to use RTF Templates and macros to enhance the way in which report data is displayed.
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for Adminstrators / Users of SIMS .net who are familiar with creating complex reports using related fields and sub reports and have experience of adding user defined templates to their reports.
How will I benefit?
You will be able to:
- Produce SIMS .net reports in a variety of file types — e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Web Page, Rich Text Format, and Analysis.
- Produce graphs and charts from data held in SIMS .net.
- Edit existing reports and redesign the outputs.
- Create complex reports with related fields and filters.
This course is only suitable for staff who have attended the ‘Pupil/Student Reports Using SIMS .net’ training course.
What will I learn?
- Create RTF Letter Templates– To overcome problems with mailmerge letter templates when using sub reports you will learn how to create the equivalent using RTF templates.
- Use Logical Fields and Date Strings– You will learn additional commands, allowing you to further control the appearance of data within your reports such as putting dates in particular numerical formats.
- Create Photo reports– Where students and staff photos have been saved to SIMS .net it is possible to incorporate them into an RTF template, for example to create name badges. You will look at how to create relevant reports and RTF templates to achieve this.
- Add Report Inserts– It is possible to create a RTF template that will display the results of a separate report within it. You will learn the relevant commands and setups to accomplish this.
- Create RTF Templates with Formula fields– Within Word it is possible to add fields containing formulas that will carry out simple calculations on data displayed within a report. The course will look at how to add such fields and incorporate them into an appropriate RTF template.
- Use Macros to edit Excel reports– You will learn how to create Excel reports that will automatically display report data in graphs or with certain formatting by creating a macro to sit within a report template.
Course Duration: Half Day
Course Codes and Dates
Please contact course bookings to be placed on a waiting list for this course.
Please note you will receive email confirmation for any bookings 2 weeks before the course is due to run.